Job Posting – Customer Serivice/Reservation Agent – 2017 Season
General Description: Discovery Marine Safaris Ltd. seeks a highly motivated “ambassador of Discovery Marine Safaris Ltd.” who is able to relay her/his enthusiasm of the quality of the whale watching tours to their guests while providing the highest level of customer service.
Company Background: Established in 2007 Discovery Marine Safaris Ltd. upholds the standard for ethical whale watching set by our sister company Stubbs Island Whale Watching. The Company’s goal is to provide guests with an experience that is highly enjoyable, as well as having high educational and conservation value. Please refer to the webpage for a further profile of the company (www.adventurewhalewatching.com).
The company prides itself on guests having a first-class experience from the time of making a reservation, throughout the check-in procedure and, of course, on the tour itself. Our valued guests often provide feedback acknowledging that the positive team atmosphere and the depth of knowledge are what set us apart. It’s what we Discovery Marine Safaris take the greatest pride in – this team approach; consistency of professionalism; and ethical standard of wildlife viewing.
Location: Campbell River on Vancouver Island, BC, CANADA; 2-hour drive from Nanaimo.
Customer Service/Reservation Agents
- Help our guests with any questions that may arise during their whale watching trip planning phase
- Take reservations over the phone and on site
- Use “Resmark” software to enter new whale watching reservations and amend existing reservations
- Prepare and verify passenger lists
- Reply to email inquiries professionally and send out confirmation packages to our guests
- Ensure that the gift shop is well stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist customers in the gift shop; includes handling cash
- Undertake office and bathroom cleaning duties
- Ensure recycling and other environmental practices are carried out as per company policy
Requirements for successful applicants:
- Must be willing and able to carry out the above duties fully and professionally
- Must be Canadian or have a Canadian work permit
- Possess an outstanding work and teamwork ethic
- Have very good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Have excellent computer and telephone skills
- Have a strong environmental ethic
- Have excellent professional customer service and interpersonal skills; including being friendly, patient, and empathetic
- Are fast learners receptive to feedback
- Are able to work weekend and evening shifts and are flexible, recognizing the need for work schedule amendment(s)
- Are capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Are willing to become a member of a fun, enthusiastic, positive team aimed at furthering the reputation Stubbs Island Whale Watching has earned for ethical, meaningful and professional wildlife viewing
- Knowledge of an additional language
- Retail experience
- Social media expertise
Work term: Staggered start and end dates.
Part Time Position
Start: Mid June
End: Late September
Applications: Apply to: Hannah Bergman, Discovery Marine Safaris; email@example.com
- Cover letter is to specifically address position requirements
- Resume to include names and contact details (including email addresses) of 3 references, of which at least 2 must be employment contacts
- Indicate period of availability
Application deadline: March 31st 2017
- References of short-listed candidates contacted
- Short-listed candidates interviewed via telephone
- Final interviews must be held in April 2017
Email applications only. Please do not call regarding application. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Contact would occur after March 31st 2017